Friday, April 8, 2016

Oh, hi there

It's been a while since I last ventured into the blogosphere. I quit the PhD, worked as a receptionist at H&R Block for a couple of months before moving into a temp job in the public service via a recruitment agency. After eight months of that I picked up a fixed-term contract at the same place, but am now directly employed. Woohoo! So I know what I'll be doing for the next 12 months, which is a great place to be considering how pear-shaped everything became when I was struggling to finish the PhD.

I still have a lot of PhD-related work to do, and I'm hoping to clear most of that over winter while the weather is less favourable and staying in becomes the preferred option. It should also help that I won't be losing time looking for work in the immediate future.

So I'm going to try to get back into blogging, but we'll just have to see how everything goes.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogosphere! Glad to hear life is balancing out and being kind to you - don't forget to be kind to yourself too! I've quit my PhD (twice!!) but know that there is life afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. And thanks for the reminder about Paris-Roubaix last night - I recorded it and watched it this morning, not knowing who had won. I was excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete