Friday, December 19, 2014

New kicks: the Brooks Glycerin 12

With my original Triumph 10s well and truly dead, I needed another "second pair" of shoes. The local factory outlets don't currently have the Saucony Triumph 10 in a suitable size, so I had to go out and buy a new shoe! As an aside, I continue to find it amusing that the Triumph 10 felt fine at about 500km, but then completely died at 600km.

So after parkrun a few weeks ago I headed off to Active Feet in Heathmont because I had a $50 Brooks voucher to use from my Sussan Women's Fun Run registration. I ended up with the Brooks Glycerin 12, and so far they are amazing! I lurve them! They have a little more medial support than the Triumphs but still allow me to run like I normally run (i.e. crazy-arse supinator, but we're working on that).

This is the Raspberry/Midnight/OrangePopsicle colourway of the Brooks Glycerin 12. I think they look best with my orange Thorlos Experia socks... but so do my red Saucony Triumph 10s, so I almost feel like I need more orange socks!
In addition to brand-spanking new shoes, I also picked up a new lacing style. In fact, I used to use this style ages ago (pre-surgery) but completely forgot to use it when I was able to run again. To help avoid black toenails, I had some "elephant ears" added to the lacing at the top of the shoes to help my foot stay at the back of the shoe, and not slide forward when I landed. Time will tell how much this helps, as my feet are fairly banged-up at the moment.

So now I get to stop by the Converse (for Saucony) and Brooks factory outlets!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up with the Brooks Glycerin 12, and so far they are amazing! I lurve them! They have a little more medial support than the Triumphs but ... brooksglycerin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete