Monday, December 15, 2014

Jantastic 2015


Jantastic is back for 2015! I did it last year, and I recall it being a LOT of fun, although I didn't blog about it too much (just a few mentions here and there by the looks of it). For those who don't know, Jantastic is about setting fitness goals and working to meet them. While the past years have only been about running, now they've added swimming and cycling to the mix! And it talks to Strava!

It's a three month program - the first month is about setting how many times you'll go out from a run/swim/ride. The second month you set the number of workouts AND your longest workout. And in the third month you estimate your time for an event (e.g. a 5km time trial). It's easy, and a lot of fun as digital badges are awarded! I'll try and be a better blogger about it next year, so that I actually remember how I went (seriously, I can't remember how I went, but I do remember that it was fun).

P.S. As with most things in my life, there is a Westerfolds parkrun group to join. :)

4 comments:

  1. I'll look out for the Strava links in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to see how it's all going to work, and if there are going to be Jantastic-specific Strava badges!

      Delete
  2. Should I ditch Garmin Connect and give Strava a go? I'm such a creature of habit though. HELP. I do get it though. The Strava community seems way more active. Keep us updated this time on your Jantastic journey and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strava is actually really easy to use if you're already on Garmin Connect. Once you allow Strava to access your Garmin data it automatically transfers the data across. So you can keep being that creature of habit, but perhaps a Strava-social one. :)

      Delete