Saturday, June 21, 2014

Halfway through the year

So we're more or less at the halfway point of the year. Of all the goals I set myself at the end of last year, I have run in the Puffing Billy Great Train Race and ditched the orthotics. I can now run 10km without them! I've been in a running rut, so my performance-based goals haven't really been happening.

I did improve my 5km time when I went to visit Highlands parkrun, and ran sub-25 (24:52) for the first time. But I hadn't been working towards that at all and just headed out for a hard tempo run, so I was (a) surprised at the time, and (b) ambivalent about the time. So now I have six months to get back into gear and achieve the outstanding goals:
  1. 23:30 for a flat 5km 
  2. 24:30 at Westerfolds parkrun
  3. 49:30 for 10km
  4. 1:49:00 for a half-marathon
  5. get down to 75kg.
I didn't end up entering the Run for the Kids (or the RunMelbourne 10k, or Melbourne Marathon half-marathon), but I'm eyeing off the Sri Chinmoy Yarra Boulevard 10km in September and the City2Sea 14km in November, and am also thinking about the Sussan Women's half-marathon in December. I even put a "Race" calendar together - although it's just a list of the above events with a few thoughts on each at this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment