Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday Night Stretching

I completely crashed last week - my body just wanted to sleep most of the time, and then I would wake up with headaches most mornings despite the extra snooze hours! By chance I'd happened to have a blood test at the end of the previous week, and the results showed that my white blood cells and neutrophils were quite depleted, rheumotoid factor and erythrocyte sedimentation rate were high, and I had plenty of anti-nucleic acid antibodies  floating about in my bloodstream. i.e. My body was in the middle of an autoimmune flare and fighting itself. No wonder I was pooped!

I revised all my March distance goals for Jantastic down to 5km (achievable, but still difficult in my current state) and used a joker for the first week of March. I only got the one proper run in, and I went for a 2km walk to make sure I would still get a 100% record once the joker had been played. On the two occasions I got out on the bike, I was fine. I think that I manage the cycling better than the running as you can ease off in places and recover. Whereas the only way to ease off when running is to walk, and then you don't really feel like you're running! Although I'm not sure if I would be up for the Strava Gran Fondo challenge this month, especially since it's been revised to 160km!

At least fatigue doesn't make you not feel like stretching and not spending time on the foam roller. It's also a great time to catch up on TV, so I'm happy to see that ABC are now running Kenneth Branagh's Wallander again on Sunday nights. I absolutely love that show, and there's a new (and final) season out later this year which I am looking forward to. Looks like I'm going to have some great 90 minute stretching sessions for a few weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment