Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5 sleeps to go!

I've been finding that I have a sore right shoulder lately - I sleep on that side (if sleeping on a side), use that arm to push myself off the ground and to hold bottles, mobiles, etc. It was so sore this evening, I ended up texting with my left hand. It doesn't bother me when I run, so I'm not worried about it with the half marathon, but it's just another annoying niggle I have affecting my day-to-day life.

I spent a lot of time in the early evening stretching it out - I lie on the foam roller with my spine going along it's length, bring my arms out straight to form a T-shape, and let my hands rest of the floor. Like most stretches, it feels good but is also a bit painful. I ended up being quite carried away by that - just lying on the floor, staring at the ceiling and thinking of Lionel Ritchie songs not much at all. Before I knew it, it was after 7.30pm and I still hadn't gone on my planned shortish run. I also needed to head into uni briefly, so I laced by the Triumph 10s and headed out the door.

It was chilly. At least I had one of my long-sleeved tops with a zip-up high neck! It was also the one with thumbholes, but it wasn't quite that cold! I took another longer-than-necessary route to uni, although this one had far less steep downhills than the route from last week. After about 1km I realised I had done it again - laced the forefoot too tight! I really need to get it into my head that these runners are perfectly fine loosely laced. I'm not sure whether to blame the relatively narrow Triumph 10 or the relatively wide Wave Rider! I think I'll just blame the pair I'm not wearing at the time :)

Another km later, and I was at uni. Completely failed to fix what I wanted to fix, so headed back home. Only this time it was even chillier! Brrrrr! The thumbholes helped a little, but the best fix was running.

Hello winter!

Summary: 2.2km @ 6'37" and 1.5km @ 6'08" (oh the difference no traffic lights makes!)


No comments:

Post a Comment