Sunday, April 28, 2013

A quick photo of my stupid running style

I don't notice that I do this when I am running, so it takes muddy or swampy runs for me to realise that I graze the inside of my lower legs with my runners. Not sure if it's the front of my foot that does the grazing or the rear - but I suspect it's the front as that's where I've collected the mud! Very little mud on the inside of the rear of my shoes - I am a bit of an overpronator who lands at the very edge of the foot, so the mud pattern is not at all odd to me.


Although Lisa from The Athlete's Foot found it very odd how I almost land on the side of my foot when she was running behind me on Saturday and watching my strides/feet. She thought I'd be rolling my ankles all the time! Which I have done in the past - quite a few times, such that they're at a point where I don't get any sharp pain from any (side to side) ankle rolling incidents and I can just keep running. Although since my ankles do feel dull-sore after running, maybe I ought to work on my crazy extreme outside landing...

1 comment:

  1. Lol! My feet frequently look like that. I look at some people run and wonder how they keep it up - but then I watched the Olympic marathon and realised that everyone runs in their own bizarre way. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

    ReplyDelete